What to Expect on your First Visit
5530 Neubert Rd, Appleton, Wisconsin 54913, United States
SwimDog Wellness Center is dedicated to the health and well-being of your dog. To ensure that we provide a safe, healthy environment for everyone, we require that all clients comply with the facility rules.
At the beginning of your first appointment you will be asked to sign a waiver, this is done electronically, you do not need to bring a copy in. To review the waiver prior to arriving, Click Here.
During the Orientation/Swim Test you will be familiarized with the facility so you know where dog clean up supplies are, bathing station, and pool setup. We will then proceed to the pool and assess your dog's comfort level entering and exiting the pool and swimming skills. For puppies and dog's that have never swam before, a life jacket will be used for that initial appointment. We have a wide variety of life jackets available at no charge or you may bring your own. Usually there is approximately 30 minutes of swim time during this appointment.
How to prepare my dog prior to arriving:
- Do not feed your dog 3-4 hours before a swim session.
- Make sure to potty your dog prior to swimming. There is a designated potty area on the side of the building. Anyone who does not clean up after your dog will not be allowed to use our facility, this includes cleaning up after your dog indoors also.
- Dogs should be brushed out prior to entering the pool. (Brushes available in wash/dry area). If dog is dirty/muddy, you will be required to rinse your dog before entering pool. Toenails must be trimmed and smooth edges. Nails will be checked prior to swim, if trimming/filing is required, there is a $10 fee.
- Defecation in the pool will result in a clean-up fee, that fee can range from $15-$125, depending on the extent of the stool in the pool and if the pool needs to be shut down for the rest of the day. Session will end and no refund will be given.
- Dogs should be in good health and free of any communicable conditions.
What do I need to bring:
- Be prepared to get wet –it is highly recommended you bring an extra pair of shoes, wear quick dry clothing or a change of clothes. You can bring your own floatable toys. There are toys available for purchase and to try out.
- A drying station is available after swim, towels ARE NOT provided, you must bring your own. Use of facility towels will incur a rental fee of $1.00 per towel.
- Children on the deck must listen to instructions and not present a safety risk. SwimDog staff may ask children to leave deck area if there is a safety risk to the dog or children.
- No food/drink on the deck.
- If your dog is not toy motivated and you feel treats may help teach the dog to enter pool please bring your dog's favorite treats. Crunchy treats work better around water.
If I want to get in the water, what do I need to know?
There is a changing room available near the pool. You will need to bring your own towels, etc. There is a bench and mirror in the changing room.
- Rules for Owner-Assisted swims:
- 1. We will allow up to 2 adults (over the age of 18) in the pool for a swim.
- 2. Persons in the pool MUST wear shoes - either water shoes or sandals. The bottom of the pool is slippery, which is why you see staff wearing shoes in the pool.
- 3. You may wear whatever is comfortable into the pool.
- 4. Absolutely no float devices such as inner tubes, air mattresses, etc. are allowed in the pool.
- 5. SwimDog does not provide adult life vests, you must provide your own if you want one.
- 6. No lifeguard will be on duty.
- Do not use external flea/tick product within 5 days of swim.
- Dogs must ABSOLUTELY be LEASHED (4-6') upon entry/exit of the facility. No retractable leashes! Please keep your dog under control at all times. Females in heat are not allowed.
- Only up to 2 dogs allowed in the pool/deck area at a time. Pool is video & audio monitored.
- Please come at least 10 minutes prior to your appointment to toilet your dog prior to the swim. You will not be able to start before your scheduled appointment. You will need to exit the swim area with your dog on leash and under control at the end of your scheduled time, unless you have paid to use the self-serve dog wash.
- There is scheduled maintenance that needs to be completed between each appointment, so it is important that we stay on time with appointments.
- Please ensure that we have a current phone number on file – if the pool needs to be shut down we will contact you as soon as possible to reschedule your appointment.
- Splitting sessions amongst friends is allowed. When booking reservation appointment it will go under one person.
- Pre-paid packages: Good for 6 months. Non-refundable unless 1) facility or veterinarian determines that swimming is not appropriate for dog, 2) dog expires. Pre-paid packages are under the owners name - therefore days can be used between family dogs within the same household.
- We must be notified of any cancellation a minimum 24 hours in advance of appointment by phone or email. Non-notified missed appointments are to be paid in full or deducted from pre-paid package. Any client that missed more than one appointment without notification is expected to pre-pay for any future appointments.
- SwimDog Wellness Center has the right to refuse any future appointments from clients who have missed or cancelled multiple appointments.
- Payment is due at time of service. Cash, check, Visa, Mastercard, & Discover are accepted. Any check returned for NSF shall be assessed a $35 fee in addition to the amount owed.
If you are asked to leave due to violation of any listed rules there is no refund of that session.